Happy 2013!

So we're halfway past the first month of 2013, and so far I've been busy with work. At least I am able to squeeze in this blog post. I just want to record here that this has been so far the COLDEST month I remember experiencing. I don't know the official temperature right now, but according to my app it's 23 degrees Celsius. It's 7:35 am, so that temperature is understandable. But it's unusual for us living in a tropical country. It's so cold especially in the early mornings when I work, that I have to wear a jacket inside the house. And when I sleep in the afternoon I don't even have to turn on the fan. I probably would have enjoyed the cold weather more if I don't have a trip coming up this Sunday (January 20). I will be going to Hong Kong to sight see, the second country I will be visiting after my trip in Singapore last September. From my weather app, I am seeing that Hong Kong will be VERY COLD, with temperatures dropping to as low as 12 degrees. How exciting! This will probably be the first time I'm going to bring jackets (yes, plural) on a trip. Should be fun.

On the book front, I joined Goodreads "Reading Challenge" and I've set myself up for failure, I mean, I set the bar very high for myself. I challenged myself to finish 50 books this year. That's about 1 book per week. I already finished 2 books this year, but one is a book of 3 short stories, so I haven't really improved myself. I am currently listening to the audiobook version of Pride and Prejudice, and I think it should count towards my goal, because it IS a book, plus I read in an online article that audiobooks are a good way of reading more books while you're doing something else. I am about to finish The Burglar on the Prowl so that's another good thing for me. Hopefully I can finish those 2 books this week before I leave for Hong Kong on Sunday. I plan on bringing Triptych to my trip, something to read during the 2-hour flight and maybe while in the hotel at night.

On the TV show front, some of my regulars haven't returned yet, so I have that extra time for reading. I'm worried that when those shows do come back, my reading time will be reduced again. But Fringe is ending tomorrow, after 5 seasons, and I don't plan on replacing it with anything, so hopefully I've freed up some free time that I can use for reading.

On movies, I'm trying to watch all movies nominated for the Best Picture Oscar. So far I've seen Les Miserable (exhausting but incredible), Silver Linings Playbook (hyped up in my opinion, I didn't like it that much), Lincoln (DDL should win Best Actor), and Life of Pi (in 3D, awesome movie). I still need to see Amour, Argo, Beasts of the Southern Wild, Django Unchained, and Zero Dark Thirty. I've also seen The Impossible and I loved it.

I guess that's it in my life so far... oh I booked a one-bedroom suite in Plantation Bay in February for my mom's birthday, but I'll probably post about it in February when it's close to the date.

I'm off to a good start, I think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First HDTV: TCL LED32P11

May 2021

The Past 7 Years