May 2021

6+ months since my last update and we're still in the middle of a pandemic!

What have I been doing the past 6 months?

  • Work - I started last November 2nd, so I'm 6+ months in my job. So far, so good. When I joined the company I think it was in the process of expanding already, but I don't think my boss is stopping anytime soon. Which is good for us employees (unless I get fired, then that's not good for me). Pretty inspiring too, since the company was able to expand even during a pandemic, when millions have lost their jobs.
  • Cryptocurrency - I don't even want to say how much I'm risking. It's funny/sad because I was totally against it 7+ years ago, but look where I am now. Oh if only I understood its potential back then. (Or.. if only I drank the cool aid earlier lol)
  • Books - I'm still a fledgling Bookstagrammer (i.e. Instagrammer that focuses on books). I've been doing it for 2+ years but I'm not that consistent. I mean, I am consistent when it comes to posting about the book I'm currently reading, but I don't read much sometimes. And apparently the key to growing your audience is posting daily, which I don't feel like doing yet (because it takes pre-planning). Another threat to my Bookstagram account is Tiktok, which is where audiences are at the moment (I still don't have an account there).
  • TV Shows - Right now I only watch maybe 5 TV shows religiously, though I download some of them with the intent of watching them later. Currently thinking of giving up on the Walking Dead series...es? I mean both the original and the Fear spin-off. I haven't even watched the finale of the original TWD, and I'm 3 episodes behind FTWD I think. Maybe this is good? I should be reading more books anyway, and maybe try to keep up with the latest Internet tech, if I want to migrate to Australia in the next couple of years.
  • Movies - Theaters are still closed so we get our movies from Netflix and other sources. I do miss the cinemas though. I typically watch movies with friends, that almost always lead to dinner and catching up.
  • Learning French - Or at least trying to. I finished the French course in Duolingo a few years ago, but I returned to it last year because they updated the app to have levels now, and because I noticed I still don't understand a lot of French. Why am I studying French? Because it's a 2nd language in Canada, and apparently knowing French makes it easier for someone to move in to the country. But even if I already changed my goal to AU, learning a 3rd language I think is always a plus. I'm actually also trying to learn Spanish and German, but my current focus is French.
What have I NOT been doing the past 6 months?
  • Travel - Ughhh I don't even have a valid passport anymore because it expired last year and I have still yet to schedule an appearance at DFA. I miss being in a different country, or just another place, seeing cool stuffs and learning things. I don't miss the process of checking in/immigration/flight taking off/landing. I miss not having responsibilities for several days. I miss sleeping in an air-conditioned room (I only turn the aircon on in the afternoons to avoid heat stroke). I miss buffet breakfasts. I'd take a staycation, but the pandemic has taken that off the table, too. I really can't wait for this pandemic to be over.
  • Hoarding books - I may have bought a couple of books, but not your usual 10+ book splurges. Book Depository stopped delivering to the Philippines last year and they only recently resumed deliveries, but I'm still hesitant, because our local post office kind of sucks when it comes to delivery (or lack thereof). Just thinking of going to the post office to get my books and also paying 112+ pesos of some type of fee discourages me from the process. 
So yeah, I really really really want things to go back to normal now, thank you very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First HDTV: TCL LED32P11

The Past 7 Years